LIABILITY WAIVER FORM – THE DANCE CENTRE
I/we realize that participation in dance classes and activities could involve personal injury. Despite precautions, accidents and injuries may occur. By signing this release form, I/we (the dancer and parent/guardian) assume all risks related to the use of all spaces used by The Dance Centre, including the risk of being exposed to, or infected by, Covid-19 or any other contagious disease. This release equally applies to personal injury incurred during video/live-online classes held through on-line platforms where the dancer participates outside the studio in their own home or another space.
I/we agree to release and hold harmless The Dance Centre, including its teachers, dancers, staff members and facilities used by The Dance Centre from any cause of action, claims, or demands now and in the future. I/we will not hold The Dance Centre liable for any personal injury or any personal property damage, which may occur on the premises before, during or after classes, or in the case of video/live online classes, in a home space or another area chosen by the participant. Furthermore, I/we agree to obey the class and facility rules and take full responsibility for my/our behaviour in addition to any damage I/we may cause to the facilities utilized by The Dance Centre.
I/we understand that The Dance Centre is licensed, accredited, and insured. In the event that I/we should observe any unsafe conduct or conditions before, during or after my/our classes, I/we agree to report the unsafe conduct or conditions to the Executive Director, Artistic Director, Individual Instructor, or staff member as soon as possible.
I/we have read and signed The Dance Centre declaration of compliance concerning Covid-19 and studio participation and agree to implement the terms of the declaration.
By signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in this activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against The Dance Centre on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein.
I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understood it, and I agree to be bound by its terms.
Dancer’s Name (print):_____________________________________ Age:_________________
Parent Guardian Signature: __________________________________ Date: _________________
Parent Guardian Name (print): _______________________________ Phone: ________________
The Dance Centre
DECLARATION OF COMPLIANCE – COVID-19
Participant Name (print): _______________________________________________________
(If the participant is younger than the age of majority)
ALL PARTICIPANTS ENTERING THE FACILITY AND/OR PARTICIPATING IN SANCTIONED ACTIVITIES MUST COMPLY WITH THIS DECLARATION
The Dance Centre (TDC) requires the disclosure of exposure or illness to safeguard the health and safety of all participants and limit the further spread of COVID-19. This Declaration of Compliance will be kept safe and personal information will not be disclosed unless as required by law or with your consent.
A participant or the participant’s parent/guardian (if the participant is younger than the age of majority) who is unable to agree to the terms outlined in this document is not permitted to enter the TDC studio or participate in the TDC’s activities, programs, or services. I, the undersigned, being the participant named above or the participant’s parent/guardian (if the participant is younger than the age of majority), hereby acknowledge and agree to the terms outlined in this document:
1) COVID-19 has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization and is extremely contagious. The TDC has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and requires all participants (or their parent/guardian, when applicable) to adhere to the compliance standards described in this document.
2) The participant has not been diagnosed with COVID-19, OR if the participant was diagnosed with COVID-19, the participant was cleared as noncontagious by provincial or local public health authorities.
3) If the participant is a front-line worker (such as hospital staff, long term care staff, or other individual who interacts with individuals who have confirmed or suspected cases of COVID-19), or has travelled outside of Canada, the participant has worn proper and approved Personal Protective Equipment at all times whenever they interacted with an individual who has a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days, or in the case of travel, has self-isolated for 14 days.
4) If the participant is not a front-line worker or travelled outside of Canada, they have not been exposed to a person with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
5) The participant is attending or participating voluntarily and understands the risks associated with COVID-19. The participant (or the participant’s parent/guardian, on behalf of the participant when applicable) agrees to assume those risks, including but not limited to exposure and being infected, and has signed our TDC waiver saying as such.
6) The participant has not, nor has anyone in the participant’s household, experienced any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days (including fever, new or worsening cough, fatigue, chills and body aches, respiratory illness, difficulty breathing, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea, pink eye, or loss of taste or smell). Each time the participant is scheduled to attend a dance class or session, the parent/guardian, or the adult dancer, will do a self-assessment for a COVID-19 symptoms, and the dancer will not participate when experiencing symptoms.
7) If the participant experiences, or if anyone in the participant’s household experiences, any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 after submitting this Declaration of Compliance, the participant will immediately isolate, notify the TDC, and not attend any of the TDC’s activities, programs, or services until at least 14 days have passed since those symptoms were last experienced.
8) The participant is following recommended guidelines, including but not limited to, practicing physical distancing, trying to maintain separation of six feet from others, adhering to recognized hygiene best practices, and otherwise limiting exposure to COVID-19.
9) The participant will follow the safety, physical distancing, and hygiene protocols of the TDC.
10) This document will remain in effect until the TDC, per the direction of the provincial government and provincial health officials, determines that the acknowledgements in this Declaration of Compliance are no longer required.
11) The TDC may remove the participant from the facility or from participation in the activities, programs, or services of the TDC at any time and for any reason if the TDC believes, in its sole discretion, that the participant is no longer in compliance with any of the standards described in this document.
Signature: _____________________________________Date: ___________________
Parent/Guardian (if the participant is younger than the age of majority)
Jazz*Irish*Tap*Ballet *Acro*Lyrical HipHop*Musical Theatre*Aerial Silks
COVID-19: The Dance Centre (TDC) – Step 3 COVID-19 Safety Plan
September 7, 2021
Safety Plan – Step 3
This safety plan provides basic TDC operational information only. It is not intended to take the place of medical advice, diagnosis, treatment, or legal advice. In the event of any conflict between this document and any orders or directives issued by the Minister of Health or the Chief Medical Officer of Health, the order or directive prevails.
The Dance Centre (TDC) will operate in accordance with the Government of Ontario and the Emergency Order. TDC will abide and reference the COVID-19 Ontario Ministry of Health (MOH) COVID-19 website for updates to this document, Reference Document for Symptoms, mental health resources, and other information. TDC will check the Directives, Memorandums, Dance Safe Ontario (DSO), and Provincial/Regional Health Resources page regularly for the most up to date directives.
During the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak, we all need to do our part to keep workers, participants and the public safe and healthy. TDC and dance instructors have certain duties and rights under the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and its regulations. TDC staff have been provided training and additional guidance ensuring public health standards for Covid. TDC will review and follow any applicable directives and guidance coming from the Chief Medical Officer of Health and Ministry of Health and Dance Safe Ontario.
Masks are mandated to be used for all activities at TDC.
The owner that the TDC leases from indicated that they have an economizer that can be programmed to provide 100% fresh air during lesson times. TDC is currently reviewing other strategies the building may use with the landlord. As our ventilation strategies further develop this plan will be updated.
In addition, TDC has purchased four Medify Air Purifiers with H13 True HEPA Filters and will locate them appropriately in the dance studios.
Safety Plan and Rules
Participant Awareness: Dancers, families and staff will be notified and kept informed of protocols by the TDC website, email, and signage.
Dancers (done by their parents/guardians if the dancer is not age of majority) and staff are required to complete a self-assessment each day before entering the studio. Here is the link to the TDC self assessment form on google.docs.
An Assumption of Risk agreement relating to COVID-19 must be completed by each family prior to commencing dance lessons. (See Appendix B).
A Declaration of Compliance form stating an understanding of COVID-19, as well as responsibilities to self-regulate, must also be completed by each family, adult dancer, and anyone else attending/ participating at TDC (See Appendix C).
Participants and their families may not enter the studio unless directed by TDC staff.
Confidentiality of any person confirmed to have been infected with COVID-19 will be maintained, and TDC will co-operate with Public Health to assist with contact tracing.
Hand washing and physical distancing rules set out by the Government of Ontario will be posted at the main entrance and bathrooms.
Anyone feeling unwell MUST STAY HOME.
All staff, dance participants and visitors must always remain two metres apart upon entering and exiting TDC.
Markers are in designated places within training areas.
Choreography refers to those activities where teachers create dances for recitals, competitions, or other performances. During these times, dancers can come into closer contact than 2 m, in accordance with Step 3.
Dance Class Size
Safe participation numbers have been determined in accordance with room size and TDC Covid-19 safety protocols for Step 3. As mandates changed TDC determined safe numbers as per information from health regulators and Safe Dance Ontario to set class sizes. Class sizes will change accordingly to any future changes made.
Mandatory Hand Washing/Sanitizing
Everyone entering the outdoor training space must sanitize their hands upon arrival.
Hand sanitizing stations will be set-up. Dancers and Instructors must wash or sanitize hands before participation, directly after participation and frequently, including after touching surfaces or items.
Dancers should also keep a personal hand sanitizer in their bag.
Personal Dancer Items and Medication
Please only send essential items to dance. Items should be clearly labelled and packed in a bag or backpack (not oversized) including a refillable water bottle with a flip, or easily sealable top.
Please do not send electronic devices, phones, or any other valuables to dance lessons.
Staff cannot be responsible for holding or administering any prescribed medications to dancers (except for an Epi-pen).
Parents must notify us of any medical issues before attending dance. Epi-pens must be left in bag/backpack in a clear sealable bag with name.
Change rooms are closed. Dancers must come to dance already dressed in their dance clothes. Washrooms are not to be used as change rooms.
Dancers bring or wear their dance shoes. Bare feet for dancing are not allowed (with a few exceptions such as Acro). For children who cannot do up or put on their own shoes, parents must bring them to the studio with their dance shoes already on.
Dance Staff Work Standards (An Additional Handout will be issued to Staff)
Prior to coming to work (daily), staff are required to self screen and report to management if either they or a household member has had onset of illness with symptoms compatible with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 in the prior 14 days.
Staff will wear masks as per safety plan.
Staff are required to sanitize/wash hands upon entering the studio and between rotations.
Staff will monitor physical distancing guidelines to ensure they are followed by all dancers.
Staff will monitor dancers and participants to ensure hands are being washed/sanitized and proper respiratory etiquette is being followed (cough, sneeze or yawn into one’s arm or a tissue).
Staff will avoid physical contact with one another and dancers (e.g., no hugs, high fives...).
Staff will avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth, especially with unwashed hands, and will monitor dancers to ensure they follow the same protocol.
Staff will wear appropriate PPE for cleaning equipment.
Confidentiality of any person confirmed to have been infected with COVID-19 must be maintained by all staff, and they will cooperate with Public Health to assist with contact tracing.
In case of accident or injury, staff will use personal protective equipment to administer first aid.
Dancers and staff will complete a self-assessment each day before entering the studio.
Any visitor who spends more than 15 minutes in the studio will be required to complete a health self-assessment and provide contact tracing information.
Participants and their families may not enter the studio if either they or a household member has had onset of illness with symptoms compatible with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 in the prior 14 days.
If anyone in a student or staff’s household has travelled, please review current travelling requirements of Ontario and Canadian Covid-19 safety requirements.
Confidentiality of any person confirmed to have been infected with COVID-19 will be maintained, and we will co-operate with Public Health to assist with contact tracing.
In the Event a Child Becomes Sick at the Studio
If a child becomes ill at the studio the following actions will be taken. The child will be isolated in a separate area with staff supervision and provided with a mask.
Physical distancing from other participants will be ensured.
Staff will be mindful of hand washing and avoiding contact with the child’s respiratory secretions.
Staff must wear PPE (gloves, masks, and face shields to attend to sick child).
Parents will be notified to come pick up their child immediately.
All areas used by the dancer should be immediately removed from use and cleaned immediately.
If a dancer or staff member becomes symptomatic, Waterloo Public Health will be notified for further direction on what to share with other parents of dance participants.
All dancers, staff and visitors must wear a mask or face covering upon entry and exit of the studio area. Each dancer must bring a personal mask from home. Please check that the mask fits well.
All dancers and staff must always wear masks while in the TDC studios (if medical exceptions are required speak with Samantha).
All dancers, staff and visitors must wear a mask when leaving the dance area or to go to the washroom or another non-dance activity.
Entering and Exiting the Studio
Dancers entering TDC will enter and exit as directed to maintain social distancing. Parents and guardians supervise their dancer until the start of the class or session. Do not simply drop off your dancer. Be waiting for them at the end of the classroom session. Practice physical distancing.
There is a 15-minute break during switch over of classes for studio areas to be cleaned.